Safety First Priority
Tate Metalworks, Inc. is a “Safety First Priority” Company. This means that the well-being of our associates, our fellow workers, our customer associates working beside us, comes before any schedule or budget constraint. Safety has to be the first priority when building a project.
In being a Safety First Priority company, Tate Metalworks has a Zero Tolerance Policy in both its shop, field, and office operations for unsafe work practices. We watch out for our own, and for others. We plan, and we communicate concerns, ideas, and hazards or potential hazards to each other. No matter rank, position, or place within the company, we speak up for safety.
For our safety program to be a success, we must have complete buy-in from all associates. It is a team effort. Everyone must be on board. We ask this of each other every day.
Training, Management, and Certification
Fundamental to the structure of Tate Metalworks Safety Program are industry training and certification standards. Tate personnel are equipped with safety certifications and training:
- OSHA 30 Hour Training: Foreman and Supervisors
- OSHA 10 Hour Training: Craft Personnel
- Tate Metalworks Safety Certification: Instruction and Review of (39) Industry Safety Topics and Sections that cover all facets of heavy industrial construction plus a written comprehension examination.
- NCCCO Crane Operator Certification: All crane operators are NCCCO certified.
- Red Cross First Aid Trained and Certified
Written Safety Programs
Not only accessible to all our associates and customers, but the basis of the training, written testing, and certifying of our craft forces for the work we are performing here at our shop operations and in the field on a daily basis. Our written programs and training cover both heavy industry standard safe work practices as well as the unique safe work methods associated with steel plate structure construction which is the basis or our business.